The Twin Towers once stood here, but today the 9/11 Memorial marks the site of the World Trade Center. Ground Zero is still an impressive site for many people.
Ground Zero and the One World Trade Center
- In early 2004, it was decided that Daniel Libeskind would redesign the new spot. In addition, there would also be a memorial known as Reflecting Absence.
- In 2006, building began on a new tower known as Freedom Tower
- In 2009, the name was officially changed to One World Trade Center.
- In 2011, 9/11 Memorial was completed for the 2,752 victims who died during the 9/11 attacks.
- One World Observatory observation deck opened in 2015.
You can buy tickets for the One World Observatory here
9/11 Museum in New York
Also found on the Ground Zero site is the 9/11 Museum in New York. This museum is situated close to the Reflection Pools on the 9/11 Memorial site. The museum shows all kinds of objects related to the September 11 events.