Shooting Range in New YorkBuy tickets now
Shooting at a professional shooting range in New York is on my list of my hidden gems for a unique experience. This is an experience you’ll never forget! Have you always wanted to go to an American shooting range to fire a handgun and a rifle? This is your chance! Located just outside of New York, in New Jersey, you can easily find this accessible shooting range. This shooting package is a unique activity for you and one or two others to experience the feeling of shooting a firearm.
Shooting for Tourists
When you arrive at the range, you’ll get some papers to sign to complete your registration (don’t forget your passport!). Afterwards, you’ll go to the counter where you’ll be given the guns. The package above includes two different weapons: a US Army Beretta, the pistol used by the American Armed Forces, and an AK-47 (also known as a Kalashnikov.) You’ll also receive enough ammunition to be able to really test out both weapons. Upon entering the authorised shooting area, a member of staff will explain how everything works and then you can start! There are a lot of people around to help you if you have any questions. These Range Safety Officers also make sure that everything is safe at all times. It may take a little while to get used to the bang and recoil after you pull the trigger, but you’ll soon feel like an accomplished marksman.
How to get there
The shooting range is located in New Jersey, just outside of New York City. You can get there by taking the bus (with one transfer) from Manhattan. The easiest way to get there is by Uber, which will take you from Midtown Manhattan to the range in just under half an hour. I personally took bus number 198 from Port Authority to Willowbrook Mall Shoppers Stop and then an Uber for the last part of the journey, which is only another five minutes. You could also take another bus for this last part instead of an Uber.
After booking, you’ll receive an email containing your voucher. You can print it out or show it as a digital ticket on your smartphone.
- Location: Woodland Park, New Jersey
- Hours: Daily at 12.00, Friday at 10.00. If you’d like to shoot at a different time, get in touch with the range after booking – it is often (but not always) possible.
- Minimum age:
- 8 years of age and older to shoot long guns at the Range. (No children under 8 years old will be allowed inside the Shooting Range).
- 13 years of age and older can shoot one of the rented handguns with an adult over 21.
- 18-20 years of age unaccompanied by an individual over 21 can rent long guns only.
- If both participants are under the age of 21, an AR-15 will be rented instead of the pistol.