Broadway in Bryant Park
Broadway in Bryant Park is a free summer event where hits from the most popular Broadway musicals are performed. Both on- and off-Broadway shows are represented at this event, which takes place on Thursdays from 12:30 until 13:30. You can hear hits from Chicago, The Phantom of the Opera and Frozen, among others. The stage is located on the Bryant Park Lawn, the large grass area in the centre of the park. If you’re on time, you may still be able to get one of the famous green chairs. If not, you can just sit and relax on the grass. The event will take place around lunchtime, so grab something to eat and enjoy a leisurely lunch break during a day of sightseeing in New York!
- 11th July: Be More Chill, King Kong, STOMP, Wicked
- 18th July: Beetlejuice, Chicago, Come From Away, Jersey Boys, Waitress
- 25th July: Aladdin, Frozen, The Lion King
- 1st August: Broadway Bounty Hunter, Rock of Ages, The Cher Show, The Prom
- 8th August: A Musical About Star Wars, Beautiful, OKLAHOMA!, Pretty Woman
- 15th August: Mean Girls, The Phantom of the Opera, Tootsie